file Elvis - The King In The Salt City: From The Chris Brown Master Tapes - Volume 2 (CD - Straight Arrow)

Mehr
17 Juni 2024 00:30 #977894 von Charles

Der Publikumsmitschnitt vom 25.07.196 erscheint auf der CD "Elvis - The King In The Salt City: From The Chris Brown Master Tapes - Volume 2" vom "Straight Arrow"-Label.

Inhalt:
Introduction Also Sprach Zarathustra - C. C. Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Love Me - If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - You Gave Me A Mountain - All Shook Up - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - And I Love You So - Jailhouse Rock - Fever - America The Beautiful - Polk Salad Annie - Introductions Of Singers, Musicians, Orchestra - Early Mornin' Rain - What'd I Say - Johnny B. Goode - Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt) - Bass Solo (Battle Of New Orleans, Jerry Scheff) - Piano Solo (Tony Brown) - Electric Piano And Clavinet Solo (David Briggs) - Love Letters - School Day - Hurt (With Reprise) - Hound Dog - Funny How Time Slips Away - Can't Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp / Announcements

Quelle: ElvisDayByDay.Com

„Zeit, die man zu verschwenden genießt, ist nicht verschwendet.“ —  John Lennon

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

• Kay65
  • Kay65s Avatar
  • From A Jack To A King
  • From A Jack To A King
Mehr
17 Juni 2024 00:48 - 17 Juni 2024 00:51 #977886 von Kay65

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Publicity for 'The King in the Salt City “From the Chris Brown Master Tapes Vol. 2' stated: “My brother, David, and I left Toronto for Syracuse, New York expecting to see three shows (two in Syracuse, one in Rochester), but hoping for four as the first show of our short tour was on a Sunday, and Elvis might do a matinee. When we arrived, we learned he would not.

Although he would return in two days, it’s surprising that the Colonel had not consented to a matinee and free up Tuesday for another city - but it came to be known later that Elvis was really not up to performing two shows in one day. A matinee would often suffer and would usually be shorter.

This auditorium featured a fixed stage at one end of the building, with no seats behind Elvis or on the very sides of the stage – very unusual. Curtains draped the edges of the stage, and we couldn’t see Elvis until he was on the stage.

The show was good, though Elvis seemed to be really more interested in interacting
with his back-up singers and musicians. The show suffered with what some have
described as the ‘quick close syndrome - only three or four songs after a lengthy break for introductions, resulting in Elvis only singing for 5 to 7 minutes, though it often included the highlight of the show - 'Hurt'.

I was disappointed with this show after having seen the opening show of the previous tour in Buffalo, but perhaps the following two days would be better." (excerpts from liner notes by Christopher Brown).

01. Introduction Also Sprach Zarathustra
02. C.C. Rider
03. I Got A Woman / Amen
04. Love Me
05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
06. You Gave Me A Mountain
07. All Shook Up
08. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel
09. And I Love You So
10. Jailhouse Rock
11. Fever
12. America The Beautiful
13. Polk Salad Annie
14. Introductions of singers, musicians, orchestra
15. Early Mornin' Rain
16. What'd I Say 
17. Johnny B. Goode 
18. Drum Solo (Ronnie Tutt)
19. Bass Solo (Battle Of New Orleans, Jerry Scheff)
20. Piano Solo (Tony Brown)
21. Electric Piano & Clavinet Solo (David Briggs)
22. Love Letters
23. School Day
24. Hurt (with reprise)
25. Hound Dog
26. Funny How Time Slips Away
27. Can't Help Falling In Love
28. Closing Vamp &Announcements.

All tracks recorded live from audience on July 25th, 1976.

Quelle: ElvisDayByDay.com
Letzte Änderung: 17 Juni 2024 00:51 von Kay65.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Charles, Taniolo, glen d., fronk

• Kay65
  • Kay65s Avatar
  • From A Jack To A King
  • From A Jack To A King
Mehr
17 Juni 2024 01:22 - 17 Juni 2024 01:42 #977889 von Kay65
Auch diese Show gibt es schon als guten AR seit einigen Jahren. Auf der ‚Stormin' Syracuse‘ 1999 sowie auf dem 2CD Set ‚Onondaga Nights‘ aus dem Jahr 2015.
Letzte Änderung: 17 Juni 2024 01:42 von Kay65.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Mike.S.

Mehr
17 Juni 2024 11:24 #977899 von ronb57
Ich denke, wir haben genug Shows aus 1976 von FTD !

It is too much !
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Astro

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Wir benutzen Cookies
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.